follow on instagram

follow on instagram
we make you love art

Tuesday 27 October 2015

Cover Story: My rapist, my own city

Hi
My name is Bupe Chawanzi Mwaka

I'm a 20years old lady who by the age of 8 knew what it was like
to have sex . In the year 2004 my uncle raped me .It all started when
we where left under his care and my parents where working . I loved
cartoon so he found me watching "power puff girls" which was one of
the childrens favourite at the time. He asked me to sit on his lap,
not expecting anything strange I did likewise . It was normal to sit
on his lap. He whispered in my ear saying ''we are about to play a
game.'' I loved games so I was so excited . Soon he picked up a
blanket, he covered himself and I .whilst I was on his lap he pulled
my panties down .Being young I was ok with what he did, I still
remember the pain, it was so painful that I dropped a tears .when he
was done ( it disgusts me ) he asked me not to tell anyone not even my
mum all else he would kill us both . This continued for about three
years and some months . He would pull me if I resisted, he forced me
to have oral sex with him . In eighth grade I told a friend and she
encouraged me to tell my parents, what he did to me was wrong. I was
too scared of losing my mom so I ignored her advise . Three years
letter I told my mum through a note and all she said to me was not to
tell anyone and to forgive my uncle .I tried but I just couldn't so I
shared the story with another uncle who is based in America . He told
me to find solid evidence then he could help me take him to court .The
man who slept with me comes home often and I have no choice but to put
a smile on my face.

I could not share my story, broken and ashamed I pulled myself
through life. Everyone thinks its just come out and tell someone,
sometimes people will know but will never support you, Many go through
such but my advice to them is that they should speak out now they say
the earlier the better. Hard as it is, be careful if you are being
threatened. Secure the lives of the ones you love first and tell
someone. I am not the first to come out openly, but let me not be the
last. You have the power to change the way other youth think

No comments:

Post a Comment